Protect your business against Business Email Compromise!
Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks are on the rise, and for good reason. When successful, attackers easily walk away with staggering amounts of money. The global losses of US$ 26 billion reported by the FBI for up to July 2019 are only expected to grow.
GEO is proud to announce that we are now recommending all our clients to integrate Mailsentry into their existing cybersecurity layers!
MailSentry from Heimdal Security is flawlessly paired with threat detection solutions in order to monitor your communications for false claims and malicious emails.
Phishing and Email Fraud Statistics 2019
- The average financial cost of a data breach is $3.86m (IBM)
- Phishing accounts for 90% of data breaches
- 15% of people successfully phished will be targeted at least one more time within the year
- BEC scams accounted for over $12 billion in losses (FBI)
- Phishing attempts have grown 65% in the last year
- Around 1.5m new phishing sites are created each month (Webroot)
- 76% of businesses reported being a victim of a phishing attack in the last year
- 30% of phishing messages get opened by targeted users (Verizon)
Mailsentry Fraud Prevention from Heimdal Security uses more than 125 vectors to protect your email communications. With Mailsentry you can effectively protect your employees and your business from brand damage and financial loss. Alongside existing cybersecurity solutions, Mailsentry secures one of the new security vulnerabilities of business safety.
Case Study: Nikkey
A Nikkei employee was tricked into handing over $29M to scammers in September 2019. Nikkei America, a subsidiary of the Japanese media giant, fell victim to a BEC (Business Email Compromise) scam that cost $29 million (about £22 million). In a press release, Nikkei confirmed that the fraudster emailed the employee posing as an executive.
- Mailsentry from Heimdal could have stopped this email scam before it even reached the intended recipient.
The new MailSentry product will be available as part of a personalized Enterprise suite, or as a stand-alone module. With its complex network of vectors, the BEC protection cybersecurity product will automatically detect:
- Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- Email-deployed Malware
- Phishing and Spear Phishing
- Imposter Threats (Modified Invoices)
- CEO Fraud and Criminal Impersonation
- Man-in-the-email and Spoofing Attacks
- Malicious content in historical emails
“MailSentry will, at last, be able to secure the final frontier of cyberattacks: fraud which relies on human trust. Businesses can now no longer be preyed on by ruthless imposters or waste valuable time in double-checking and questioning every seemingly legitimate request. With our new MailSentry product, we expect to lead the market for all mail fraud technologies. From now on, you can prevent CEO fraud and business email compromise in a single blow dealt to hackers.”
Morten Kjaersgaard, CEO Heimdal Security
With MailSentry your business will also receive live monitoring 24/7 by a team specialized in BEC fraud defense. This way, you can detect malicious intent in due time and prevent any costly mistakes.
About Heimdal Security: Heimdal Security is an emerging cybersecurity company, founded in 2014 in Copenhagen by winners of the world ethical hacking competition Defcon CTF. Since then, the company has grown spectacularly, earning awards for both its proactive security suite (Anti-Malware Solution of the Year in 2018) and for its blog, providing intelligence to security outlets worldwide (Most Educational Security Blog in 2016).
Contact GEO today for an assessment of your email communication vulnerabilities and security risks!